Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tea Time with New Friends :)

This afternoon we were invited for tea (How proper!) with our Argentinean friends and two new couples! There were lots of babies (3, but it seemed like a lot!) and one 4 yr old. I love when we get together with new couples/families.

First, it is always interesting to hear their backgrounds. For instance, couple 1 is Australian, but have been living in Singapore for the past couple of years. Couple 2, is Pakistani/Norwegian. They speak Urdu, Norwegian and English, possibly more and of course, the hosts, the Argentineans, we love them!

Second, I love meeting the "partners" and having each of us voice our concerns for the year and realize we are not alone. It is really comforting. Although we will each be on our own, without our partners, we already have a built in network! It really is quite amazing. School orientation is the middle of this week. I cannot believe it is almost here!

Side note: Nicholas told me this morning that we had tea time at 4pm with the couples. I knew he meant TEA, but I told him, wouldn't it be funny if we show up in golf attire and pretend like we thought we were all going golfing :) If I had a polo shirt, golf pants and a cute hat here, I TOTALLY would have done it. Hehe.
FORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment