Monday, January 25, 2010

All-American Meal

If I were to make an all-American meal for some new friends, what do you suggest I make? The obvious things that come to mind include: meatloaf, chicken pot pie, mac and cheese... after that, I get stuck. In fact, I have never made any of those things before, besides the kraft version of m&c. Honestly, I would not say I know how to cook American.

nothing that has to be grilled pls :)
Looking for some good suggestions or even recipes of any of the above to create for our dinner party. Guidelines, it is not easy to find ground meat here. Chicken and Pork seem to be more popular. Nothing with cheddar, they do not have it here. That basically eliminates everything that seems American to me :) Thanks, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I think of BBQ, real BBQ, as american. Pork with a dry rub and smoke. Cajun style gumbo or jumbalaya is american if you think North America and the carribean. Boston baked beans. Southern fried chicken or catfish.

    ReplyDelete