Sunday, January 10, 2010

Out of Commission

Yesterday I was under the weather and spent the whole day in bed, missing the brunch that was held for the partners. Cecilia got home from school around 3pm and woke me up to check on me and brought me some tea and clementines. A short while later, her mom, who swung through Lausanne before heading back to Paris, came in to check on me and put some ointment (like vapor rub) on me. A while later, Cecilia came back again. More clementines and cough drops. Then, it was another 6 hrs of sleep.


While I was laying in bed yesterday, after C came in the first time, I thought to myself how different this year already is turning out. Nicholas was at the school from 830am until 11pm, he came home as soon as C told him that I had been sick all day in bed. We only have one phone between us right now, so communication is a bit tough. If we were here alone, I would have taken care of myself, as I have for the past several years. Instead, I have a caring French woman who is quickly becoming a friend and like a sister to me. Looking after each other, caring for each other, sharing stories. I am so blessed and so happy.

Thank you, Cecilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment