Saturday, January 16, 2010

French FAIL


In our flat, we have a dishwasher, which I think is quite a luxury here***Correction*** I have been informed this is a false stereotype, this is not a luxury here, thanks Gregory.*** We recently ran out of dishwasher detergent. I saw a box of it on sale when Nicholas and I were running errands, but it was before we needed it. So when Nicholas asked if he could pick anything up for me last week, I told him, Yes, the detergent, thanks! He went with Cecilia to run some errands and they came back with the box of detergent. Perfect! Still on sale for 19.90 CHF, what a deal! (insert sarcasm)

So, this past week, we ran the dishwasher about 3 times. Yesterday, Gregory-Cecilia's boyfriend-arrived from Paris. I wanted to run the dishwasher last night, but we decided to wait until after lunch today. I noticed one of the small packs of the detergent open under the sink and wondered why it had not been put in the dishwasher... After lunch, I went to run the dishwasher when Gregory asked me if I knew we were using the wrong detergent... Hmmm, what?


He grabbed the box and showed me the picture of the washer on it. The one for LAUNDRY... :) No wonder our dishes have smelled so fresh and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment