Monday, January 18, 2010

Skiing in the Swiss Alps with St Cecilia


A bit overcast, but still amazing
Words cannot begin to describe how incredible Sunday turned out. Our neighbors Maxime and Yann generously offered to drive us to the mountains with them. Of course Nicholas, Cecilia and I took them up on a ski day!
Maxime, myself and Nicholas                         
Ahh!!! Ahh-mazing! I have not skiied for over 6 years and have to say that getting back on skis was a little strange. Cecilia and I had the most mileage, so we left the boys with the car and headed up the mountain.


St. Cecilia  et moi
Once we finally got to the top, WOW, I looked around, could not believe that I was so high, looking at the tops of so many mountains, saw the steepness of the slope and promptly panicked! After a brief pep-talk from Cecilia that I would never, ever, ever fall off the edge of the mountain, I got myself moving. Eventually, I remembered the way to brake without throwing my body to the ground and things started to get even better :)

Yann, looking like a pro!
I just have to say, I never really thought I would ski the Alps, and in all honesty, we skied a very beginner part of the mountains. Now, I cannot imagine not having this experience and hopefully more. They say that going to the mountains change you and I believe it.

1 comment:

  1. Great pic! with the mountains and sky in the background

    ReplyDelete