Thursday, January 14, 2010

Half Marathon and Triathlon may be in my future

Just got back from a run along the lake and there is simply nothing like it. Even with the snow and slush on the ground, something I normally hate running through, for some reason, here it is different. Every time I have gone for a run, I have seen a half dozen or more other runners. It doesnt matter if it is 7am, 1pm or 7pm, this town is full of outdoorsy and athletic people.

It should come as no surprise then that Lausanne is known as a sports capital. You can pretty much find a group that does every sport imaginable here. They also host a half marathon, full marathon and triathlon in the city. I am planning on running the half and I think Cecilia and I will each do a sprint triathlon this summer- 500 m swim, 20km bike, and 10km run. Why not?



Oh! And finally! After 10+ years of thinking about this race, I can finally make it to the Medoc Marathon! This is the marathon in France that runs through the vineyards and they serve wine at the water stops and everyone dresses in costumes and it is less about time but finishing while having fun! Sept 11, 2010. I think my neighbor in Zurich may want to join me in this one... :)

1 comment: