Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mexico trip coming to an end...

*This was written at the beginning of the week and I forgot to post*


I have enjoyed spending time in Mexico, using my Spanish and making new friends in a beautiful part of Mexico City. Now, I am patiently waiting to find out where I go next. I have a return ticket Saturday to Seoul, but I am not certain I will be on that flight. I could be heading to NYC or DC. I thought I would know by now, but I do not and I am a little anxious. If I head to the US, it will be for work and I will spend a few months there. If not, I will head back to our home in South Korea. Either way is fine, I just want to know. If I stay, Nicholas and I will be apart for 3 months. If I return, I will not be working on a project that I am passionate about.

Pros and cons aplenty. I consider myself quite flexible and spontaneous, but I also need a little time - a few days- to prepare myself for whatever is next. If I do not hear back today, I think I am going to go crazy. I am trying to concentrate on some other work, research and studying, but my mind keeps wandering. I hope that when I post this, I will stir the world into making a decision.

At this point, I am happy to at least be leaving hotel living, at least for a while, and look forward to cooking some delicious, healthy meals, and *gasp* doing our own laundry. I never thought I would say that, but Nicholas and I are quite particular about our clothes. I will miss having someone else make our bed and clean our bathroom, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment