Monday, August 2, 2010

One of those days

"I hate Mondays"  - Garfield

There must be some truth behind his mantra, although I wouldn't go as far as using the "h" word. 

Today, Monday, we had such heavy, torrential rain like I have never seen in Lausanne. It was one of those rains that is so intense you can't help but enjoy it. I always love a good storm.  

Today, Monday, I had a dental appointment in a part of Lausanne I had never been before. "Know thy self," another favorite motto of mine, and therefore gave myself two hours to find it. It took me 2 1/2 hours to locate it... in the rain, using google maps. I know... 

When I called to let the office know that I was going to be late for my appointment with my broken French and a prayer, they asked if I could come at 5pm. Sure. No problem. I amused myself for two hours in the city and successfully found the office again. This time, I even helped an elderly woman find the same darn street that had been impossible to find. Karma in reverse. I felt better realizing that I was not the only one that had trouble locating the Route du Chatelard... 

When I finally got to the office, I was told that I had set up the wrong appointment. Shocker, since the receptionist only spoke French and clearly I do not. The dentist told me, in English, that it was no problem, that she would reschedule me. 

Then, I was back out in the rain to head home. Oh, Monday, at least you only come once a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment