Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold"

Do you remember this song from Brownies and Girl Scouts? It was catchy and I always sang it, but I had trouble back then with the lyrics. Which friends were the silver and which were the gold? How could you decide? How would you ever know? I hated the idea of putting one group of friends into the Silver category. I would get a pit in my stomach thinking that one day they may find out. And not just that they would find out, but that I had put them there without really knowing if it was the right place for them. As far as I was concerned, they were all gold or all silver.

I still feel that way today.

Anyways, such a wonderful day back at home and so happy to see friends. I have no idea why this song came to my head tonight besides the fact that I was thinking of my new friends and of my old ones.

unrelated other than the title, but another great song-  ;)

1 comment: