Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DC, Seriously, Are You having an Identity Crisis?

Dear D.C.,

I am so glad that the time that I lived with you, you were so mild. I was always able to brag to my family in Cleveland and Chicago that it was a balmy 40F+ day and no snow to report of. The best thing about you, was that sometimes you would snow. But only half an inch, and the entire city would shut down and I would be able to sleep in and make a fire and enjoy my "snow"day. But now... what is this? You are seriously competing with the likes of the Windy City and C-town.

I hope you get over this quickly, if I was still there I would be so disappointed in you. Sure, at first it is fun and new and exciting and beautiful, but trust me, after another few days, you will start to get slushy and grey and ugly. I can say that I am glad I knew you when you were so warm :)

Your old friend,
Nicki


PS This was winter- notice the light jackets... the good ol' days.

No comments:

Post a Comment