Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Start of a new chapter

This past Thanksgiving, I had a lot to be thankful for. I had just accepted a position with a firm in NYC where one of my best friends (from my very first job in DC works) works and was spending the holiday with some of my favorite people.
David and I in 2005, shortly after we met and became friends
After four years almost to the day that I left NYC, I started my new job. Funny how life works. You just never know where it will take you. And life has taken me to so many places these past few years. I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I have had and so blessed to have such a loving and supportive husband that not only brought me along on all of his adventures, but then gave me the wings to fly on my own.
Thanksgiving in CT
2014 is sure to be a year full of fun, adventure and surprises, and I would have it no other way. The only thing that still needs to be figured out is when and how Nicholas will join me. For now, we will be a super-long-distance couple, emphasis on super (have you met us ;). How funny it is to think back on what a struggle I thought it was to be between DC and NYC for a few years- just a short amtrak ride away. Now we will be bi-continental and a mere 14+ hr flight apart. But with the years also comes new perspective. And surprisingly, I don't view our upcoming living arrangements as a struggle but as another adventure. Residents of two countries! Why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment