Sunday, June 5, 2011

SD-CHI

where the bbq magic happens :) 
Wow. Away from the ocean and the cool 70 degrees to the hot and humid Chicago summer.

Tony and Rachel spoiled me with an amazing dinner of ribs and quinoa stir-fry Friday night. It may have been a late meal, but the wine, food and company were excellent!

Getting the chance to come here and spend time with them and little Jacob Carter has been the highlight of my trip! It sure gives me reason to pause and reflect on how blessed I am to be able to cross the country to see family and friends and just how important they all are to me. I wish I could see everyone in this two week tour!

lazy Sunday morning :) 
They are off now to another wedding and I am dog-sitting my two favorite shiba inus before I am off tomorrow to DC for my last leg of the trip :)

1 comment: