Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winter Blues

progression of our view and the mountains

I alluded to the winter blues the other day. Here I am, with the end of winter in sight and I am feeling a little blue. Lots of things on my mind like how different this year is from any other. How I feel a little lost without a job and the flexibility and freedom a salary gives you. I am re-evaluating what is the worth of a person without a title or a place to report to daily (trying to decide if all the classes and runs we set up count). All in all, it is a good thing to have these deep thoughts and to really think about where I am and what I am doing and what I want. Just a little tough when you don't have all of the answers.

looking better, but still no mountains

With winter almost over, we will have sunny skies with no heavy clouds and those mountains right across my lake will be completely visible. Now, most days, if you just arrived and no one told you where you were, you would have no idea such impressive mountains were right there. Maybe that is the metaphor for my life. Right now things are a bit cloudy and gray, but in time it will all clear up and I will be able to see what is right in front of me.

hey there, i see you mountains, come on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment