Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grocery Stores and Candy Cigarettes

Yesterday I had quite an adventure with the grocery stores here. I went to one with Cecilia and when I went to check out, realized I did not have the right credit card on me and no cash... Luckily, she just put my bill on hers and saved the moment. Thanks, C. Then, I ran home, dropped off the things and looked for the credit card. Oh yes, it was in the bag I had, just not in the right place. Err. So, grab my tote and head out to the other store I wanted to get to before all the stores would be closed for the weekend. I get there, grab everything I need and head to the checkout where I see a little sign indicating which cards they take after my groceries are on the belt and half rung up. Errr. Désolé... I apologize and walk out of the store. Grrreeat.

After a brief stop at IMD to share my market adventures with Nicholas, I head to the tiny corner store to pick up a few things to hold us over for the weekend and meet up with Yann who of course had found something interesting to do for the afternoon.


Candy Cigarette- Sally Mann
My earlier frustrations turned into laughter when I told Yann about the day :) and we headed to the Musee de l'Elysee for the Sally Mann Exhibit. Wow. Incredible. Loved every second of the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment