So, I like to keep this a secret until you have become a really good friend. But one of my really good friends keeps an awesome blog that makes me laugh. You should check it out. Not only is she always doing something crazy, but she is also always doing something worthwhile and generous. This is someone you want on your side.
I read one of her recent posts on "small victories" and wanted to start thinking about my own. I have my own little case of winter blues and figured this may help make me feel better.
- My Spanish is improving. A lot. So much that I understand my mother-in-law and all her corrections she has of my Spanish. Gracias Betty ;) I never thought I would get here.
- Because my Spanish is improving, or maybe because I live in a French-speaking town, my French is improving. Enough that I can understand most of what people are asking me in obvious locations, i.e., cafes, stores, post office. For me, this is a true victory. 2 months til I return to Paris, so I must keep it up!
- I am enjoying running again. After too many runs and races, I had pretty much packed up my running shoes. Here, I feel like running is fun again!
- Reread Pride and Prejudice and LOVED it. It has motivated me to go back to all of the classics and read them (again) with a fresh set of eyes.
- Blogging. The fact that I have kept this thing going for the past 2 1/2 months and have 120 odd posts makes me happy. The fact that I have 22 followers and hopefully more out there ;) is reason to cheer. (ask Nicholas) Victory.