Thursday, April 10, 2014

Trivia Night

You know those times in life, when you really don't want to do something but know that you should? Last night was one of those nights. 

I am on the culture committee at my office, fondly referred to as Cult Comm. This committee is responsible for making the office more fun and inviting. Helping newbies feel welcome, creating more camaraderie among the staff, etc. We have a small quarterly budget to do things like trivia night, or have beer brainstorms in the office, or throw monthly birthday parties. As part of the committee, I very well could not show up to one of our events that I was so adamant about setting up. 

So, while I would have rather gone home, gone for a run, picked up that baby gift for this weekend; instead, I met my colleagues out at the bar for trivia night. My office buddies did not go, so I was on my own to be friendly with a lot of people I don't know all too well. Which is the point after all, isn't it. 

And, as with all those times in life when you really don't want to do something but know that you should, it turned out more fun than I had expected. I got to know a handful of my colleagues better and learned fun, random facts. Looking forward to Nicholas, also known as a human wikipedia, being in the city to join for one of these nights, as he will kill it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment