Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Definitely the second mouse

Coming up for air. Just barely...

This whole working-gig is not what it's cracked up to be! Geez people, when I said I wanted to jump back in with both feet, I meant with arm floaties and some pool pals. I have been doing a lot of flying solo, learning on the fly and more or less trying to keep my head above the water. As is with most who flounder, it ain't pretty, but in the end you at least learn how to tread water.

Here's to more days of treading water *and some day soon* of learning to swim.

(Side note, this reminds me of the line that Leonardo DiCaprio's dad says in the movie "Catch Me If You Can." He repeats it throughout the whole move:

"There are two mice who fall in a bowl of cream. The first mouse drowns. The other scrambles so quickly and tirelessly that he eventually he turns that cream into butter- and walks out.

I am that second mouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment