Friday, July 1, 2011

French not so great...

Neither is my English! I just read through a couple of my posts and found glaringly obvious grammar and spelling errors.

Not to go and toot my own horn, but I never had trouble with spelling. Ever. Test me, I am excellent. Grammar has not always been my greatest strength, but jeez, recently it looks like I could take a few English classes myself.


This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes that Nicholas found when he first moved to the US and goes something like this:

(Kid in Switzerland on phone with parent in US* )
Kid: Mom! I am losing my English and I can't speak French. 
Mom: Well hurry up and come home before you go mute!!!

That is how I feel right now. I cannot speak French and I am losing my English. Everyday, while typing I notice obvious errors in my English and I literally stare with wide-eyes that I could have just made that mistake. ME?! Here's hoping I am not going mute!

*Changed locations to make applicable to my life :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment