- Will inertia be your guide, or will you follow your passions?
- Will you follow dogma, or will you be original?
- Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service and adventure?
- Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions?
- When it's tough, will you give up, or will you be relentless?
I have always had an unquenchable thirst for adventure, change, and travel. I am not the one that follows the typical, clear path. I was told once that "I walk to the beat of a different drum." True story.
I can say that when I look back at my life in 50 years, I may not have taken the most obvious path, but I have taken one that is true to my core and it sure will be interesting :) When given a chance to try something new, I almost always jump at the chance. Perhaps it is my eagerness and excitement at the unknown that propels me in these situations. My strength is trusting my gut and my desire. My strength is working hard and being positive. My strength is being kind and being a friend.
I am following my due north. Ditto for Nicholas. To see how he thrives in his new environment, in a job that would qualify as his calling, is incredible. We have made sacrifices to be where we are and to be together; and together we are happier than ever. Life sure would be easy if it were easy, but as the old saying goes, nothing worthwhile ever is!