Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall = Races

Just like back in high school (and beyond), this fall is about running and races. I am signing up for a run in Lausanne on Halloween and we are set to run in Burgundy on November 21. I had toyed with the idea of running a full marathon this fall with the hope of qualifying for the Boston to run with Megan. I have to say, I am glad that I didn't train fully because the Boston sold out the first day registration opened! I am thinking that I am nearing the end of my full marathon days and I didn't want to waste my good(ish) knees and joints on 42km that would have no chance of getting me to Boston.

Boston Marathon blog - Boston Marathon sells out in a day - Boston.com

Also, on the Boston Marathon website's FAQ this Q&A is posted:

A:
The B.A.A. annually addresses the qualifying procedure by which runners gain entry into the Boston Marathon. With such popularity for the event, qualifying standards for future Boston Marathons are under review.

Who knows what the qualifying times will be in the future. Maybe they will keep it at 3:40 for women my age, or maybe they will set a faster pace. All I know is people are loving themselves some marathons and fast times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment