Tuesday, April 20, 2010

how they cook on the other side of the world

The other day, my neighbor and friend Chunguang invited me over to have lunch with her. She was making pasta with a really spicy sauce. I had to admit that I had already started to eat lunch but she was persistent and I can never resist pasta, not to mention anything spicy, so I agreed.

Bad motion shot, she was cooking so fast
I went down to her apartment where she was still cooking and I did a double take when I saw that she was cooking pasta with chopsticks! I had to ran upstairs and grabbed my camera and then of course take a turn.

So much easier to test the pasta with chopsticks :) 
To wrap up the lunch, she served green tea she brought from China. It was actually from the mountain that Nicholas and I hiked in 2007, Emei Shan. What a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment