Tuesday, February 25, 2014

This happened

Yesterday, in the midst of chaotic planning of events for my client, I reached for my phone to call one of my vendors to change a contract. I scanned the invoice and statement of work for a contact number and in my haste, dialed the first one I saw.

The phone rang a few times. The office phone rang. It always rings. It probably averages two calls a minute, so there is constant ringing in the office. It can be annoying, but for the most part you can zone it out. Funny how that works. When I create my own business and run my own office, I would make it beautiful and create ways to have peace.

So, the phone keeps ringing and I shout something to my colleague and friend, about who knows what, but something urgent, no doubt. Finally, someone answers the phone, "Civic Enter... " I am confused and slowly turn around in my seat to see half of my office laughing. I had dialed my office's main line, which all the coordinators are responsible for answering. Which means they all could see my desk number come up and just let it ring for several rings until one of them decided to pick it up :)

I could feel the burning red creep to my face, before I laughed and shouted out, "Oh, crap. That's embarrassing."

I felt like the most appropriate thing to do at that point would have been to stand and take a bow, but decided to re-dial with a more careful eye.

Just another day in the life...


No comments:

Post a Comment