Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whirlwind tour of US

Arriving in the US on January 31, we swirled through the East Coast the first two weeks making stops in DC, DR, CT, NY and PA visiting so many great friends, tasting our way through our favorite restaurants and generally trying to stimulate the economy. We had reverse culture shock at how inexpensive everything seemed from Switzerland.

We finally arrived to Cleveland mid-month, just in time for the Rotary auction dinner and dance with the infamous Triple-Double crew. Although, because my better half was down for the count with a cold, I had to go stag. Then we repacked our bags and headed to visit family for a couple of days just south of Cleveland.

We had a great time in mild Cleveland. We were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with spring-like weather in the normally frigid NE Ohio. I had the chance to spend time with both sides of the family, playing Pinochle, eating comfort food and got in some good runs and yoga sessions with my fabulous godmother.

The last stop on our itinerary was Chicago to see my brother and his family and celebrate the first birthday of my awesome nephew Carter!

I had a feeling once I got here, I would have so many exciting things to share that the amazing times we have had in the US won't make it to the blog :(  We have so many great stories, pictures and memories from our trip that I hope to get to soon.

To all of our amazing friends and family who shared the past month with us, Thank You! We had a magical time and we are so blessed to have had the opportunity to see each of you. We cannot wait to see everyone in Asia! Our door is always open.


No comments:

Post a Comment