Monday, October 24, 2011

"Doggy dog world"

Yoshi's old contest photo- still tied for the cutest dog ever with Saki ;) 

Nicholas and I recently discovered the sitcom Modern Family. I have heard a lot of people talking about this show for a couple of years, but I never checked it out until recently.

One of the reasons I love it, is that the show doesn't go for the cheapest laughs and at the end, there is always a touching recap or moral.

Another reason I love it, is one of the characters is Colombian. There are several things that she does or says that remind me of my life with Nicholas :) Before getting into it, I give her and Nicholas a lot of credit for speaking a second (3rd, 4th...) language at a near native level. One episode we saw, Gloria, the Colombian, is talking to her husband and asking him what words or phrases she mispronounces or gets completely wrong. He lists a few right off the top of his head. The first one he says, she wrinkles her nose and argues with him.

Gloria: "It isn't a doggy dog world?"

Jay: "No, Gloria. It is a dog eat dog world."

Gloria: "Oh..."

Simultaneously, I hear Nicholas say "Oh..."

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahhaha! Thank you for this morning laugh :) I miss BOTH of you and can't wait to hear all about your latest trip...sooo cool!! (and PS BTW, that ice cream looked dreamy)

    ReplyDelete