Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Tri...


I signed up for my first triathlon. What was I thinking? I am a recreational swimmer and biking is something I have not done in such a long time. Luckily, this is a "sprint" triathlon, so I will be doing a 500M swim, a 20KM bike and a 5KM run. The only issue I will have is biking up the Lausanne hills. I am going to start my bike training this week, since the most recent attempt at biking up an incline ended with me jumping off of the bike and running it up the hill,... now this is good training for the running segment, but gets me nowhere near where I need to be to complete the bike section :)

All in all, I am looking forward to this new challenge. I have rediscovered swimming and love being in the water. It is an incredible workout and afterwards, my muscles feel tired, but my knees, hips and ankles are not shot like they usually are after my long runs. I have to say, the name of the race makes me feel less intimidated, the TriLausanne. You know, like, why not try it? Did I mention I do not have my own bike yet? Miiiiinor detail. Actually, a very sweet partner offered to lend me her bike for the race, so we should be all set. No more excuses.

Wish me luck, and if you happen to be in Lausanne the weekend of August 21/22, you can see me in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment