Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trains, planes

I just had a conversation the other day with my dad about our preferences, or lack thereof, on where we would rather sleep when traveling: a plane or a train. I said it did not matter. Put me in a car, train, plane, boat and I will be out. He said he preferred a plane since there was a landing and a final destination, whereas a train has many stops and if you fall asleep there is a chance you could miss yours.

Never, I said.


What is that saying... "Never Say Never"...?

Yesterday morning, after leaving Zurich where my parents were flying back to the States, I crashed on the 630am train and only waking time and again to try and find a more comfortable position, I finally gained consciousness to look out the window at the sign that said "LAUSANNE." I grabbed my things and ran down the stairs to the exit of the doubledecker train. Just in time to see us slowly pull away...

Oh great. No big deal, I'll get out at Vevey or Montreux. Whichever the next town was going to be. Until I realized that I was on an express train and I was going to Geneva. Great...

Jet D'eau in Geneva 
I guess I have to set alarms now if I am going to curl up on a train again as I just proved the point of my father. Darn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment