Thursday, June 14, 2012

Garosugil

"ARE YOU BORED?"
Yes, it is my favorite part of town. Nicholas rolls his eyes and tells me I need to start checking out other places. If it ain't broke, why fix it?? I love this area, whose name translates to "Tree-lined Street." This is the area of town that I spend at least one day a week in a cafe studying, observing and eavesdropping on my fellow caffeine junkies. It is great practice listening to the gossip and a beautiful setting. The picture clearly does not do it justice, but I loved the sign that is hanging in the background. 

In a big city, what is not to love about a little neighborhood that is tree-lined and packed with awesome boutiques, restaurants, cafes, bars, studios, fashion-forward inhabitants and, of course, the Seoul Mode Fashion Institute! I consider this to be the epicenter, where fashion hits the rubber, but what do I know? I am just a recent transplant. It is not the Rodeo Drive of Seoul or the other more high end areas, although it seems to slowly be taken over by the big names stores and designers. For now, it is filled with Korean brands and local designers. I prefer it this way. I walk by the Institute at least once a week and pretend that I am a student about to become the next designer. I watch Project Runway Korea, so I always slow down by the school to see if I recognize any of the past contestants. So far, no luck. Once I can speak the language, maybe I'll try my hand at a class or two. For now, I dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment