Sunday, December 25, 2011

London!

A couple weeks ago, I finally took my long-awaited trip to London! I have been wanting to go since we got here so I could see one of my very best friends from last year, Camila! It was worth the wait! The last time I was in London was on my HS trip back in 1998... to say that my perspective has changed is an understatement! London is an incredible city. It is so alive!

The first day, Wednesday, I had lunch with a good friend from Australia who recently moved there. It was great to see her! Then, I met Camila at her hospital and we walked around for a few hours through the main shopping area and then ended up in Hyde Park where the Christmas carnival was set up. My favorite part was the grown up carousel- which was a bar serving hot wine :) LOVE!


The next day, we took a boat to Greenwich to see an interesting market, a beautiful park, and to be at the Prime Meridian that separates the Eastern and Western hemispheres. We then stopped to have our afternoon Tea at the Muffin Man Tea Shop. We had Earl Grey with homemade scones served with Devon cream and jam. Amazing! The cream tasted almost like butter... to die for! On our way home, we did a quick walking tour past the London Eye, the Big Ben and the Westminster Abbey.
Tower Bridge from boat
Greenwich/Royal Observatory
London Eye
Big Ben
Westminster Abbey 
Tea! 

That Friday, we went to a few museums in Trafalgar Square. Then took the double decker bus home :)




Nicholas was supposed to arrive Friday evening, but he did not get in until Saturday at 3am due to the snowstorm in Geneva. Saturday, we went to another cool market where it seemed everyone went to eat the delicious food for lunch. We had amazing lamb sandwiches with halloum cheese. Then we bought a traditional English Christmas pudding cake for dinner later that evening. We took the Jubilee Line to Swiss Cottage... We can't escape it, we had to take a photo! :)


Sunday, we ended our trip by going to a pub with Dino and Camila before we headed to the airport to get back to GVA. It was a great trip and so fun to see where Camila and Dino live and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment