Wednesday, March 23, 2011

NY Week in Review

I escaped the District for the Big Apple last week to crash with Aunt Laura during her visit there. We had a blast!

Photos of the showroom at 7West- Big time.

I love this apron! 

The first night, started at Live Bait, for drinks and dinner with her colleagues. We highly recommend the fried pickles! The "Executive" brought along his slingbox cellphone so the ladies could watch the Bachelor. What is the world coming to?  :)  From there, the night was young, and we headed to the Gansevoort in the Meatpacking District for some cocktails on the rooftop bar.

can you see the phone/tv next to the pitcher of beer?

Laura, her colleague and moi

The next day, after visiting my old boss and edit house, Laura and I met up for mani/pedis and then cabbed it to the West Village for dinner at Meme. Although we were looking for Thai, the mediterranean tapas hit the spot! This is where I learned about "slinging the biscuits" and took a shot of the soap dispenser in the bathroom- the work never ends ;)! 
Adorable decor

The great soap dispenser

Wednesday, L and I separated for the evening- I celebrated my friend's engagement down in the village again and she was off for cheese and wine with her fabulous colleague in midtown. 

Thursday, to celebrate St. Patrick's day, we hit up Clinton St. Baking Co. for pancakes. Yum! I had always wanted to go there when I was in NY but never made it til I was back as a tourist :) After visiting with my very first NY friend and roomie down on Stone St for some Irish festivities, I was back uptown to have dinner at O'Reilly's with Laura. We had a great time, eating the obligatory corned beef and cabbage. 


We ended the week with Aunt Julie arriving later that night for a slumber party before Laura had to head off the next morning for the airport!

Us ladies in the lobby 

Thanks FGM for being so generous and for bringing me back to the city I love! I had a fabulous time with you, meeting your colleagues, seeing your showroom and enjoying all the city has to offer! I love that you are in the fashion industry now ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment