Tuesday, June 9, 2009

18 wk training starts this week

So, if you plan on doing the full 18 for the CM, training begins this week. I plan on doing some of the runs, but not going full force for another couple weeks. I find that anything over 14-16 wks is too much for my body. That said, I plan on doing the Intermediate 1 program since I have not been staying in the best shape. This will be my 6th marathon and I know the things that I want to focus on. I definitely am going to do light weight training 2 days a week. I will also do yoga 2 days a week to help stay flexible and prevent injury. The last addition to my training will be some speed work to hopefully lead to a PR in the fall.

Looking forward to getting back into a routine with running, just think I will need to find some other dedicated runners to get me through my long runs. That, or I will need to find a biker friend or two who will ride alongside of me for the 15+ mile runs.

Best of luck to everyone training for the fall!

2 comments:

  1. This will be my very first marathon and I am very excited to be doing it with (though probably behind) friends! Although it is my first, I am considering using Hal Higdon’s Novice 2 training schedule because I really enjoy pace runs and feel that I have a pretty good base fitness level. I will also be taking it pretty easy this week, mostly b/c im on IR until Thursday, but I hope to jump right in next week! Thanks for starting this, Nic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I am also running to raise money and awareness for the Alzheimer’s association

    https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=299968&lis=0&kntae299968=3B469C31BEFF4123B3F99EEAFB3553F4&supId=252379826

    every little bit helps :)

    ReplyDelete