Thursday, December 17, 2009

I DO

Nicholas and I had a beautiful, simple wedding this past Sunday in hot South Beach. Since the priest decided he liked his vows better, we were not able to do our own vows at the ceremony, I figured I would share them here. Listed first in English then Spanish. I do, I do, I do!


I vow to take care of you, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, in new or known countries.

Prometo hacerme cargo de ti, en salud y enfermedad, en riqueza y pobreza, en paises nuevos y conocidos.

I vow to never go to bed angry with you.

Prometo nunca irme a la cama enojada contigo.

I vow to make my best effort to understand you, even when lost in translation.

Prometo hacer el mayor esfuerzo de entenderte, aun cuando el sentido se pierda en la traducion.

I vow to be wrong, even when I am right.

Prometo estar equivocada aun cuando tenga la razon.

I vow to make you happy everyday for the rest of our lives.

Prometo hacerte feliz cada dia por el resto de nuestras vidas.


No comments:

Post a Comment