Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 2 Orientation: Who are the MBAs?

I had a partners presentation today where I learned these fun facts about the 2010 class:


Out of 90 students, there are 42 nationalities represented. Each MBA speaks 4.3 languages (don't ask about the .3, I don't get it). The average age of the MBA is 31. They have an average 6.8 yrs of work experience. 45% are married. There are 30 children in the program (they came with the MBA). The average age of the children are 4 and they range from 0-7.

They shared a lot of info about the program with us and when I came out of the presentation, I felt fully convinced that this program is for me, as well. I just have to learn to speak 3 more languages and take the gmat and apply. I told Nicholas that maybe I will wait to see how his first full week goes before I go forward with this plan :)

Great news in the language department. I learned how to order drinks in French today. Also, I have established an intercambio (French/English/Spanish) with some of the partners. I must learn French so I can go back to Paris! The first time I went to Paris, I was an enthusiastic French student in high school, and the Parisians made me cry. The second time I went to Paris, I didn't even try to speak the language. The third time, I am hoping, will be the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment